SanMark-CITY: Intelligent Design in Urban Sanitation Marketing
The SanMark CITY is designed to explore the critical gap that currently exists in introducing, adapting, and sustaining affordable on-site sanitation technologies on a large scale.
The potentiality of four on-site composting toilet technologies will be explored under SanMark CITY for slums in urban Bangladesh. These are- Tiger Toilet, Sun-Mar, Enbiolet, and the Biofill. Starting with a Human Centered Design (HCD) approach to develop appropriate designs for these four toilet technologies and by demonstrating their technical potential, SanMark CITY will additionally develop production and business models engaging national level private sector agencies. Also, the learning will be disseminated at regional level informing key stakeholders in the public, private and non-government sectors on how best to support the diffusion of such technologies for maximum impact.
Name of Client: ICCO Cooperation
Specific Roles of ITN-BUET:
- Testing of effluent quality and other technical parameters related to performance of toilet technologies to be tested through the SanMark CITY project
- Contribute in developing standard research and monitoring plan
- Involve in monitoring the performance of the technologies along with iDE
- Assist in preparing reports on performance of all the selected toilet technologies, based on the technical performance and user feedback
- Contribute in developing operational/maintenance manual of validated and accepted toilet technologies
- Provide assistance in organizing workshop/seminars for dissemination of key results and sharing of knowledge/experience
- Depending on the availability of suitable graduate students, explore the possibility of carrying out research on the selected toilet technologies