Project Name: Technical Assistance Project (TAP) for Establishment of International Training Network Centre for Water Supply & Waste Management at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
Name of Client: DANIDA, The World Bank
Period: January 1997 to June 2002 (66 months)
Description of Project: The aim of the programme was capacity building in WSS sector through transferring technology. The objectives of the programme was to develop an improved human resource base for the promotion and wider application of appropriate, affordable and sustainable low-cost water supply and sanitation for low-income groups. It was also intended through this programme to strengthen local capacity for training, information dissemination as well as applied research and demonstration activities. The immediate objectives were:
- Establishment of a network among the institutions for effective dissemination of information and promotion of sustainable water supply and sanitation service provisions,
- Re-orientation of curricula and syllabi for all levels of engineering education,
- Regular update of skills of water supply and sanitation staff and decision makers,
- Establishment of capacity for applied research and demonstration, and
- Establishment of a resource base to provide services on sustainable service delivery provisions in water supply and sanitation.