Specialized Course on Computerized Evaluation Process and Techniques of Training Courses (The QA Model)
Training programs are organized to enhance knowledge or to disseminate updated messages to a target group. Most of the organizations organize training program for their staffs to increase skills to perform their jobs efficiently. The ultimate goal of imparting training is to increase productivity of the workforce of an organization they are belonging to. However, increasing productivity is very much dependent on the quality of the training program imparted. Where quality cannot be maintained properly, knowledge and skill cannot be upgraded, such training program adds only to the wastage of resources and also wastage of time.
In order to maintain quality of training undertakings, good planning and resource allocation and proper utilization are vital. For understanding the success of training program, it is important to assess the overall performance of the training program through suitable indicators. The assessment will also help the management identifying some critical aspects such as: the strong and weak areas of the program, the areas that deemed appropriate for the participants and possible directions for the future programs.
At present the training programs are being evaluated by the participants of the respective training program. The evaluations are based on a set of questionnaire furnished in a format. The participants are often seen completing the format hastily almost at the end of the program. So, well thought evaluations are seldom available. For a balanced evaluation, it is required to assess the training program by both the participants and the training managers. Furthermore, the assessment should cover all the critical activities of a training program. In this context ITN-BUET has developed a Quality Assurance System or briefly QA System for the training programs by which a balanced evaluation of a training program can be carried out.
Quality Assessment model is a scientific tool to assess the overall performance of a training course. The splendor of this system is the quantification of each of the attributes seemingly deemed to be intangible. The systemic approach used in the protocol has its likeness to conventional grading system. But in contrast to the grading system there is much more easiness to the evaluator (here participants as well as the management) for attaining a rigorous outcome. The outcome is also a door-way to future planning and development of more systematized training program.
QA Model is an assessment tool:
The main objective of this training course is:
- to assess & maintain Quality of training
- to identify weak areas where improvements are needed
- to identify areas (program, training materials, methods, content etc.) where revisions, modifications and improvements are required
- To provide the basic knowledge and techniques needed for an effective trainer;
- To introduce different types of evaluation process and their uses;
- To introduce QA model developed by ITN-BUET;
- To help in increasing the efficacy of a training program through assessment of different aspects of training course;
- To provide skill for quantitative and qualitative analysis of training undertakings; and
- To make understand the value and importance of evaluation as a way to learn from experience and apply for future improvement.
This is a specialized course to facilitate human resource development in training. The course is designed for training managers, trainers and WSS professionals. The participants are required to have fundamental knowledge on MS Excel.
The three day long course covers the following areas:
- Concepts of Training
- Basic Concepts;
- Training Characteristics;
- Training: Education & Learning;
- Training & Management Development;
- Training Approaches & Techniques; and
- Training Needs in WSS Sector;
- Training Need Assessment (TNA)
- Training Needs Analysis; and
- Methods for Training Need Assessment
- Training Methods & Techniques
- Training Evaluation Methods and Orientation on Computerized Evaluation techniques of Training courses (Q A Model)
- Practical Demonstration (Software & Hardware)
- Group Exercise on Quality Assurance System in Training Undertakings
- Group Presentation and Discussion (Sample Evaluation)
ITN Centre has established a Resource Pool of skilled professionals, who act as resource persons for various training courses. Expertise will be drawn from this resource pool to facilitate various sessions of this course.
Persons interested to undertake the course are required to register their names to the ITN Centre. Registration form is available online. The number of seats is limited and registration shall be on a first-come first-serve basis.
To fill up the online application form click here.
To download application form click here.
A registration fee as per advertisement needs to be paid along with the registration form in the form of Account Payee Cheque/Bank draft/Cash.
Registration fee covers the following:
Course Materials, Notes & Hand-outs, Lunch and refreshments, Certificate from ITN-BUET.