ITN-BUET Postgraduate Research Fellowship
Guideline for Receiving Postgraduate Research Fellowship (for BUET students)
- Any Post Graduate student from BUET can apply for ITN-BUET Post Graduate Research Fellowship amounting to BDT 30,000 per month for a duration of 6 months for conducting research towards earning a Masters’ degree if his/her research topic falls into the following themes:
- Technologies and innovations in water supply, sanitation, and waste management, including fecal sludge management (FSM), solid waste management (SWM) and greywater management
- Planning for citywide inclusive sanitation (CWIS), including FSM
- Waste-to-energy, recycle and re-use
- Gender, social, climate change, and emergency/disaster issues associated with WASH
- Innovative business and service-delivery models for CWIS.
- The student must be a full-time Post Graduate student at BUET.
- The student needs to apply in the prescribed form with a forwarding/recommendation of his/her supervisor.
- The research proposal of the student must be approved by the RAC/BPGS of the respective Department/Institute. A copy of the CASR approval must be submitted to ITN-BUET after 3 (three) months from the disbursement of the Fellowship.
- Students must take the ethics approval from ITN-BUET Research Committee following its ethics approval process for any research involving human participation.
- ITN-BUET will assign a Research Officer to administer the Fellowship. The student will receive the monthly stipend upon submitting the monthly progress report/time-sheet signed by the supervisor to ITN-BUET Research Officer.
- ITN-BUET will provide working space for fellowship recipients, depending on availability.
- Fellowship awardees need to comply with the following requirements:
- Provide a seminar at ITN-BUET
- Prepare ITN-BUET Research series draft using ITN research template
- Prepare and submit a manuscript for a peer-reviewed journal publication/conference proceeding
- ITN-BUET Post Graduate Fellowship must be duly acknowledged in their thesis
- Fellowship period may be extended depending on the performance of the student.
ITN-BUET reserves the right to terminate the Fellowship at any time.