Research Project Fund
International Training Network (ITN) Centre of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) is inviting Research Proposals for funding in any of the following topics:
- Technologies and innovations in fecal sludge management (FSM), decentralized wastewater treatment (DWWT) and integrated solid waste management (SWM)
- Innovations and advancement for citywide inclusive sanitation (CWIS), including FSM Gender, social, climate change, and emergency/disaster issues
- Waste-to-energy, recycle and re-use involving fecal sludge and solid waste
- Developing innovative business and service-delivery models for CWIS.
ITN-BUET seeks to promote high quality research collaboration between academia, research institutions and professionals working in the sanitation sector in Bangladesh. Interested faculty members/researchers from BUET, ITN-BUET partner academic institutions and research institutes are eligible to submit their proposals as the Principal Investigator of the Projects. For proposals having the Principal Investigator from a partner academic institution or research institutes, at least one co-investigator has to be from BUET.
Guideline for Receiving ITN-BUET Research Project Fund
Post Graduate Research Fellowship for BUET Students
ITN-BUET supports the development of young researchers engaged in research relevant to its mission. The intent is to give these students the financial support to allow them to devote their full attention to the completion of their dissertation research.
Any Post Graduate student from BUET can apply for ITN-BUET Post Graduate Research Fellowship amounting to BDT 30,000 per month for a duration of 6 months for conducting research towards earning a Masters’ degree if his/her research topic falls into the following themes:
- Technologies and innovations in water supply, sanitation, and waste management, including fecal sludge management (FSM), solid waste management (SWM) and greywater management
- Planning for citywide inclusive sanitation (CWIS), including FSM
- Waste-to-energy, recycle and re-use
- Gender, social, climate change, and emergency/disaster issues associated with WASH
- Innovative business and service-delivery models for CWIS.
Guideline for Receiving ITN-BUET Postgraduate Research Fellowship