The ITN-BUET aims at building capacity within Water Supply and Sanitation sector in the country. The centre intends to recruit the following positions under the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation supported project.
Position: Knowledge Management Specialist
Role and Responsibility
The incumbent will work as a Knowledge Management Specialist of the BMGF funded “Scaling City Wide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS) and Sanitation Innovation” project. The Knowledge Management Specialist will be responsible for implementing the project activities in general and specifically will carry out the following:
- Design and implement effective learning activities: In collaboration with DPHE and sector representatives, work with project team to scope and implement appropriate and effective knowledge-enhancing and sharing activities.
- Manage knowledge-sharing events: Scope and manage the successful execution of knowledge-sharing events, including trainings, seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions;
- Generate and publish knowledge products: Generate and develop knowledge products, preparing knowledge products for publication following the guideline of the centre and donor.
- Manage community engagement: Design and implement community awareness programs, respond to project recipients’ needs in a timely manner, and engage them in meaningful knowledge exchange process.
- Document and disseminate learning: Ensure that the requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and well documented and uploaded to ITN-BUET website and on social media sites.
- Conduct independent research: Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research, collect and curate research data and write technical articles
- Engage partners and learning champions: Work with project team and partners, and learning champions to expand various learning activities, enhance the ITN-BUET resource pool, and strengthen collaboration with external partners.
- Collaborate with peers: Work closely with the Management and other project personnel on communications, web development, training, research, learning events and publications to ensure alignment and cohesion.
- Monitor and evaluate: Prepare and implement monitoring mechanisms to monitor and report progress and evaluate the quality of work.
- Be innovative: Think outside the box to identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Deliver timely outputs: Get things done proactively to ensure quality work is delivered on time.
- Any other necessary task assigned by the Manager/Director/Supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
Candidate should have at least a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Science/ Public Health/ International Relations/ Development Studies/ Disaster Management or any other relevant field and should have five years of work experience, preferably in the WASH and development sector. Proficiency in written and spoken English and Bangla is essential. The candidate should have close linkages with sector agencies, multilateral and bilateral development partners, UN agencies, NGOs, and global resource centres through professional activities. The candidate should also have good computer skills in operating package programs (e.g., Word Processing, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet).
ITN-BUET is an equal-opportunity organization. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary range is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience in related fields.
The selected candidates will be offered a yearly contract, which may be extended depending on provision and satisfactory performance.
Interested candidates must submit their applications online using the following link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/ITNBUET/OnlineApplicationForm.
Last date for submitting the application: March 24, 2023
Short-listed candidates will be communicated later for appearing in interviews.