Position: Training Specialist
Role and Responsibility
The incumbent will work as a Training Specialist of the BMGF funded “Scaling City Wide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS) and Sanitation Innovation” project. The Training Specialist will be responsible for implementing the project activities in general and specifically will carry out the following:
- Impart knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet the capacity building objectives of the project.
- Survey existing training efforts and determine the training and capacity building needs of LGD of MoLGRD&C, DPHE, LGED, LGIs, NGOs, CBOs, private sector and other sector stakeholders involved in CWIS and FSM implementation in the country at all levels.
- Identify specific capacity building requirements and define the skills needed for the different participating stakeholders.
- Develop training modules for all tiers and prepare action plans to deliver the modules.
- Prepare cost estimates for all capacity building activities.
- Conduct Training of Trainers workshops and produce required number of Master Trainers on CWIS and FSM in the country;
- Organize training courses for at all levels using the produced modules.
- Formulate appropriate technology strategy, identify and develop areas and partners where the Center, can provide inputs.
- Develop quality assurance system and assist in preparation of proposals for applied research and demonstration projects related to fecal sludge management including social aspects.
- Supervise various researches of the Centre as instructed by the Centre Management;
- Maintain close cooperation with sectoral agencies, development partners and NGOs and undertake field trips to collect and assess information on appropriate technologies.
- Assist the Centre Management in analysis of existing curricula and syllabi and identify further needs in appropriate technologies and software aspects relevant to CWIS and FSM.
- Prepare educational materials for technical institutes in close collaboration with the institutions concerned.
- Identify best practices and learning grounds within the country and the region.
- Organize experience sharing exposure visits for targeted stakeholders.
- Evaluate all training courses and capacity building initiatives and prepare training reports.
- Think outside the box to identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Get things done proactively to ensure that quality work is delivered on time.
- Any other necessary task assigned by the Director/ Manager/ Supervisors.
Academic Qualification and Experience
Candidate should have at least a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Science or any other relevant field and should have five years of work experience, preferably in the WASH and development sector. Proficiency in written and spoken English and Bangla is essential. The candidate should have close linkages with sector agencies, multilateral and bilateral development partners, UN agencies, NGOs, and global resource centres through professional activities.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail and quality, delivering timely results.
- Good computer skills in operating package programs (g., Word Processing, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, etc.).
ITN-BUET is an equal-opportunity organization. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary range is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience in related fields.
The selected candidates will be offered a yearly contract, which may be extended depending on provision and satisfactory performance.
Interested candidates must submit their applications online using the following link :
Last date for submitting the online application: 17 June 2023, 11:59 pm (Bangladesh Standard Time, GMT+06)
Short-listed candidates will be communicated later for appearing in interviews.
No application will be accepted until the online form is submitted. If you face any difficulties to submit the online form, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the following email address: email@example.com, with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include “Regarding Application for the Post of Training Specialist” in the subject line.